Andover Carnival Prize Draw – terms and conditions
- In these terms and conditions, the following words and expressions have the following meanings:
the ‘Carnival’ means Andover Carnival c/o Suite 12, Andover House, George Yard, Andover SP10 1PB;
‘Brochure’ means the 2017 Andover Carnival Brochure;
‘Carnival Day’ means Sunday 16 July 2017;
‘Entry Slip’ means the entry slip for the Andover Carnival prize draw contained in the Brochure;
The ‘Issuer’ means Paultons Park Limited; and
‘Vigo Park’ means Vigo Park Recreation Ground, Andover.
- The prize draw is being conducted by the Carnival which is the promoter of it.
- The prize draw is open to UK residents aged 18 years or over who comply with the entry requirements set out below, except that the following persons are excluded from entering the prize draw:
(a) members of the Carnival’s organisational committee;
(b) employees of the Andover Advertiser;
(c) the families of persons in category (a) or (b) above; and
(d) any other person directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
- Entries are limited to one person per Entry Slip.
- All entries must be submitted by:
(a) writing your name and contact telephone number on an Entry Slip; and
(b) posting your completed Entry Slip in the Entry Slip receptacle situated at the main entrance to Vigo.
Entrants whose Entry Slips are incomplete or illegible may be disqualified.
- All entries must be submitted in the manner set out in clause 4 above between [12.00 noon and 6.30 p.m. on Carnival Day. Entries received after this time will not be accepted.
- Andover Carnival accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully made or drawn due to any technical fault or any circumstance beyond its reasonable control.
- A winner will be chosen by random draw supervised by an independent person between 6.30 p.m. and 7.30 p.m. on Carnival Day.
- The winner will receive two adult tickets to Paultons Park. These tickets are subject to all applicable terms and conditions of the Issuer. For further information, please visit Paultons Park website at https://paultonspark.co.uk/terms/ or contact the Issuer by telephone on 023 8081 4442 or by letter addressed to Paultons Park Limited, Ower, Near Romsey, The New Forest, Hampshire SO51 6AL.
- The winner will be notified by telephone (using the telephone number provided at entry). If the winner is present in person at Vigo Park when he or she is announced as the winner, he or she may collect the prize from the Carnival Royals. If the winner is not present in person at Vigo Park when he or she is announced as the winner, then he or she will be notified by telephone of when and where to collect the prize. If the Carnival is unable for any reason to contact the winner by telephone within 48 hours after the winner is announced, then that winner’s prize will be forfeited and the Carnival will be entitled to select another winner.
- The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- The prize has been supplied by the Issuer and the Carnival reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Carnival’s control makes it necessary to do so.
- The decision of the Carnival regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- The winner’s name and county will be published in the Andover Advertiser within 30 days after the winner has collected the prize. By entering the prize draw, entrants expressly consent to such publication.
- Entrants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Carnival reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- The Carnival reserves the right to hold, void, cancel, suspend, or amend the draw where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Carnival its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate any winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Carnival, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Without prejudice to clause 13 above, winners may be required to participate in publicity related to the prize draw which may include the publication of their photograph in any media.
- Personal data supplied during the course of this promotion may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment, delivery or arrangement of the prize.
- The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.