Andover’s Prince and Princess Competition
YOUR ATTENTION IS DRAWN IN PARTICULAR TO CLAUSE 6 (DATA PROTECTION)
- The Competition
- The competition is being run by the Andover Carnival (the Carnival). The aim of the competition is to crown a prince and princess of the Carnival which is being held on Sunday 15 July 2018. The competition is open to children who are, on the date they are entered into the competition, between the ages of 8 and 13 years old and live within a ten mile radius of Andover, England (proof of age and address may be requested by the Carnival). There is a limit of one entry per child and the child must be entered by their parent or legal guardian.
- All entrants must be available to:
- take part in final selection at the White Hart Hotel in Andover on Wednesday 30 May 2018 Entrants must arrive by 2pm for a start of 2.30pm; and
- attend and play a leading role in the Carnival procession on Sunday 15 July 2018.
- Members of the Carnival’s organisational committee and employees of the Andover Advertiser and their families are not eligible to enter the competition.
- How to enter
- The competition will run from 00.01 on Thursday 29 March 2018 (the Opening Date) to 11.59pm on Monday 30 April 2018 (the Closing Date) inclusive. All competition entries received after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified.
- To enter the competition you need to:
- complete an entry form on the Carnival’s website andovercarnival.org (the website
- accept these terms and conditions
- No purchase is necessary and there is no charge to access the Carnival’s website.
- The Carnival will not accept responsibility for competition entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit (regardless of cause) or proof of posting as proof of receipt of entry to the competition.
- By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Winner announcement
- There will be two main winners of the competition, one boy and one girl, who will be crowned the prince and princess of the Carnival at the Carnival on Sunday 15 July 2018. The prince and princess will receive a cash price of £75 each. Two runners up will also be selected to be attendants to the prince and princess at the Carnival. The attendants will receive a cash prize of £25 each. The prizes are not negotiable or transferrable.
- The winners of the competition will be announced in the Andover Advertiser on or around 8 June 2018. Each winning child’s parent/legal guardian will also be contacted personally as soon as practicable after the Announcement Date, using the contact details provided with the competition entry. If a winner cannot be contacted within 5 days of the Announcement Date the Carnival reserves the right to select a new winner.
- Limitation of liability
Insofar as is permitted by law, the Carnival its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate any winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Carnival, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Ownership of competition entries and intellectual property rights
- All competition entries and any accompanying material submitted to the Carnival (including all photos) will become the property of the Carnival on receipt and will not be returned.
- If your child is shortlisted or one of the winners of the competition, you agree that the Carnival may use your child’s name, area of residence and photo to announce the shortlist and winners of this competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
- You further agree to procure that your child participates in any reasonable publicity required by the Carnival and winners may be invited to attend other events and functions during the following 12 month period.
- Data protection
- By entering the competition, you agree that:
- any personal information provided by you (whether in relation to you or your child) with the competition entry may be held and used only by the Carnival or its agents and suppliers to administer the competition; and
- that we have permission to use photos of your child, who is under the age of 18 and who you have entered into the competition.
- confirm by entering the competition that you give the Carnival all of the consents, authorisations and permissions it requires from you to use the photos you have entered into the competition in the Carnival’s brochure and other promotional materials, in the Andover Advertiser (and on its website), on the Carnival’s website and at the Carnival itself without time limit in all countries in the world by all means and in all media;
- accept that the Carnival cannot give any guarantees as to how the photos of your child will be used by those receiving the Carnival’s promotional materials, buying the Andover Advertiser or accessing them via the Carnival’s or the Andover Advertiser’s website;
- understand that your child’s photos will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998;
- do not object to the Carnival:
(a) storing copies of your child’s photos for the purposes specified in these terms; or
(b )storing you and your child’s contact details on the Carnival’s databases in case we need to contact you in relation to the competition or the photos of your child (but for the avoidance of doubt such contact details shall not be used for any other purpose);
- understand that the photos of your child will be the copyright of the Carnival and any other intellectual property rights which arise in the photos and any publicity materials will also belong to the Carnival. You hereby agree on behalf of yourself and your child:
(a) to irrevocably assign all intellectual property rights in your child’s photos to the Carnival; and
(b) to waive all moral rights in your child’s photos; and
- understand that you can ask the Carnival to stop using your child’s photos at any time, in which case they will not be used in future publications but may continue to appear in publications already in circulation.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Carnival may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you/your child from participating in the competition. The Carnival reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prizes or the competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.